As an antioxidant, N-Acetyl Cysteine (a derivative of the amino acid cysteine), stimulates the production of glutathione – another potent antioxidant and one of your liver’s main detoxifying compounds. By squelching free radicals, NAC may help slow aging and reduce inflammation which can increase your risk of chronic disease. This scavenger helps protect cell walls from damage, which may in turn support immune systems by allowing immune resources to be refocused in other places they’re needed.
Enerex NAC 1000 uses pharmaceutical grade ingredients and offers the highest potency product on the market.
Get the NAC of it. NAC, which stands for N-Acetyl Cysteine, has been researched for a variety of benefits for over 20 years. NAC works as a team player behind the scenes to increase natural chemicals in the body that are vital to keep you young and healthy; it may also help other nutrients to be more effective.
It is used in many hospitals for its anti-inflammatory and mucous-reducing effects. NAC counteracts toxic chemical poisoning and negative reactions caused by certain drugs, and has also been used to combat mental illness.
How valuable are antioxidants?
You likely couldn’t survive without them. How necessary it is for you to supplement with them to “fight free radicals”? That depends on:
- how balanced your diet is (you get antioxidants from certain foods),
- how compromised your immune system is (illness creates greater need),
- how active you are (exercise increases free radicals),
- how old you are (antioxidants are anti-aging), and
- how healthy you strive to be (antioxidants prevent disease).
One tough free radical fighter! Enerex NAC 1000 offers 1000 milligrams of the natural, research-supported antioxidant – the highest potency available. This N-Acetyl Cysteine supplement brings out the big guns to fight radical molecules that can increase aging and disease. NAC is said to have antioxidant benefits because it makes the body produce more Glutathione. Glutathione is a powerful free-radical reducer, sometimes called “the body's master antioxidant.”
What is Glutathione?
Glutathione can be found in every cell of the human body. Glutathione is made from three amino acids – cysteine (associated with NAC), glycine and glutamate. The highest amount of glutathione is in the liver, where it is vital to the body's detox processes.
Glutathione is an essential part of the body's natural defense system. Viruses, bacteria, pollution, heavy metals, radiation, everyday chemicals, medications, and even the process of aging all cause free-radical damage to cells — and these deplete Glutathione. A lower level of glutathione has been connected to low immune function because of the body’s reduced ability to detoxify the harmful free radicals.
What does this have to do with NAC? It is because NAC is closely associated with the antioxidant Glutathione that, as a supplement, it may:
- Help treat bronchitis and ear infections
- Lower cholesterol and risks of heart disease
- Increase immunity against certain flus
- Increase energy and enable the body to recover faster after injury
- Have benefits in reducing side effects from medications including NSAIDs and other pain medication, particularly acetaminophen, and reducing cancer treatment side effects
- Help with aspects of certain psychiatric conditions, including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s and depression
- Help with symptoms of Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Help reduce addictions to cocaine and cigarettes
Trusted by doctors
Hospitals use N-Acetyl Cysteine to aid patients with heavy mucous in their lungs, such as those with Cystic Fibrosis and pneumonia. It is also used by some doctors to reduce throat/air passage problems developed after surgery in tracheotomy patients. In addition to N-Acetyl Cysteine’s antioxidant effects, some of NACs benefits are due to the fact that it is a part of the amino acid cysteine, and this helps the body build protein.
There is much research behind NAC’s benefits: as an antioxidant, to make drugs less harmful, for Schizophrenia, addictions and Bipolar Disorder, to increase heart health and to help reduce symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis.