Ancient Wisdom Brings Modern Therapy
Black Seed is fairly new to mainstream natural health, but it isn’t new to herbal remedies and herbal pharmacopoeias. According to history, it was used by Egyptian pharaohs, and has been widely used in Ayurvedic medicine. Today, science shows the oil’s compounds can be beneficial for various conditions.
Enerex BLACK SEED OIL from the Mediterranean is certified organic, first cold-pressed pure oil for maximum quality, and has a delightful “nutty” flavour. It offers essential fatty acid (meaning fat that is vital to our health but cannot be made by the body, so must be consumed from foods). It has added Vitamin E, naturally occurring mixed tocopherols that are known to be super-antioxidants!
The seeds of greatness
Black Seed contains over 100 active chemical compounds. The three most studied ingredients are:
- crystalline nigellone
- beta sitosterol
Fast facts about the little black seed:
- Black Seeds are used in Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and Indian cooking, and have a nutty flavour.
- Black Seed/Black Cumin Seed is not related to the spice cumin.
- Black Seed Nigella sativa is a part of the buttercup plant family.
- Black Cumin is sold as “black seed” or “black caraway,” but for therapeutic value, only Nigella sativa is true Black Seed.
- Nigella sativa (Black Seed) has not been shown to have any known negative side effects.
*Black Seed Scientific Research
Since 1959, Black Seed (Nigella sativa) has been researched in over 200 clinical studies worldwide. Six medical patents have been granted for Black Seed for various conditions.