At Enerex, our concern for the environment is heavily weaved into our business philosophy and practices. Our Environmental Initiatives Project is an ongoing way for us to recognize opportunities to reduce the environmental impact of running our business. As a nutritional supplements company we supply wholesome options for people to achieve optimal health, but our customers – and our business – cannot reach this goal if our vision does not include the health of our planet. We actively engage in a business model incorporating green practices to make positive differences, whether small or big.
These are the many initiatives that we undertake to ensure that Enerex is an active member in the healthy future of our planet.
- Recycling of paper, cardboard, Styrofoam, and other materials from the office.
- Recycling of our PETE product bottles.
- Using Bullfrog Power® for our energy needs. We chose to use green energy sources that put clean energy back into the power system and relying less on fossil fuels. By powering our offices and warehouse with Bullfrog, we are exercising our mandate of being aware of our impact and taking steps to reduce our footprint.
- Our product literature and information cards are printed on paper using vegetable inks using 100% carbon neutral printers. Our printers are local and not off-shore to significantly reduce the carbon footprint in transportation.
- Minimizing the use of paper by offering QR codes to access information on product and our employee business cards to reduce the amount of paper.
- Using locally produced shipping materials, reducing the carbon footprint impact. Our packing is a natural cellulose based material that is biodegradable.
- Office lights and heat are regulated and reduced after hours, with low impact LCD’s used as much as possible.
- Composting of food scraps from the staff kitchen by individuals, with the composted soil being shared back with the employees for their gardens.
- Eco-Apparel – corporate logo shirts that are used at trade shows and events are made of recycled PETE material and can be recycled again if torn or damaged.