Soothing Bath Bomb with Enerex BLACK SEED OIL
- 8 ounces baking soda (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces citric acid (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) epsom salt
- 4 ounces cornstarch (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 TBSP of Enerex BLACK SEED OIL
- 2 tsp witch hazel (or water) plus a little more if needed
- 30-40 drops of essential oils or powdered dried herbs (may use lavender, calendula leaves or chamomile)
Bath Bomb Instructions
- Combine dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, citric acid, and cornstarch) in a large bowl and mix well until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine Enerex BLACK SEED OIL and witch hazel and stir well. Add essential oils if using.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients a few drops at a time. Mix well with hands (wear gloves if you have sensitive skin). Add powdered dried herbs if using.
- Mixture should hold together when squeezed without crumbling. You may need to add slightly more witch hazel if it hasn’t achieved this consistency yet. Try using a spray bottle to add additional liquid evenly.
- Quickly push mixture into molds, greased muffin tins or any other greased container. Press in firmly and leave at least 24 hours (48 is better) or until hardened. Mixture will expand some - this is normal. You can push it down into the mold several times while it is drying to keep it from expanding too much. Using the metal molds will create a stronger and more effective final bath bomb.
- When dry, remove and store in airtight container or bag. Use within 2 weeks.
The final product has a soft yellow hue to it. Natural soap dye can be used to enhance the colour if necessary.